whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheGraveyard Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

When a Lady Deceives (Her Majesty's Most Secret Service)
Tara Kingston
My Fair Princess
Vanessa Kelly
Progress: 50%
The Tao of Hockey (Vancouver Vice Book 1)
Melanie Ting
Beauty and the Mustache: A Philisophical Romance (Knitting in the City Book 4)
Penny Reid

Kyraryker’s quotes

Great heroine

Kiss Me While I Sleep - Linda Howard

“I love you, too,” she said in a somber tone. “I think. I’m pretty sure, though. It’s scary, isn’t it?”
“Damn terrifying.” He dropped the pen he’d been using to figure the square footage of the rooms and turned in his chair so he could haul her down onto his lap. “I thought we’d just have some fun together; then the next thing I knew I was worrying if you ate enough for breakfast. You’re like a Stealth bomber. My radar never showed a blip.” He frowned down at her.
“Don’t look at me,” she protested. “None of this was my fault. I was minding my own business, having a little shoot-out in which I was outnumbered, when you charged into the middle of it. By the way, that was good driving, the way you slid the Jaguar around.”

If you've been wanting a more heavy centric heroine book, then this is for you. The story centers around Lily, a CIA assassin bent on revenge. Swain is the CIA agent sent to neutralize Lily but his off the cuff attitude has him working with her. With the revenge storyline we have a syndicate dipping their hand into biological warfare, a mole in the CIA, and a plethora of characters with a myriad of motivations.
The suspense side is the main focus for most of the story, our hero and heroine don't even meet until 40% in but their relationship was sassy, sweet, and fun (if not completely mega deep).
The last half loads up on the sex scenes you perverts miss in the beginning and even though the ending was abrupt and not given American closure (everything tied up with a huge big bow) it was perfect. Really though, read this for the great heroine.