whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheGraveyard Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

When a Lady Deceives (Her Majesty's Most Secret Service)
Tara Kingston
My Fair Princess
Vanessa Kelly
Progress: 50%
The Tao of Hockey (Vancouver Vice Book 1)
Melanie Ting
Beauty and the Mustache: A Philisophical Romance (Knitting in the City Book 4)
Penny Reid

Kyraryker’s quotes

Tall, Dark, and Wicked (Wicked Trilogy) - Madeline Hunter

Ives stood there in his shirtsleeves. No coats, no cravat. No pretense.

He did not say a word. He did not have to. He announced his intentions with his mere presence, and through the way he looked at her.

I think amazing book hangover colored my experience with this one. It was well written but the relationship between the two leads in the beginning felt a bit stiff to me. Later on, when they entered the bedroom, things turned sultry but I still never felt myself warming up to them.

Like everyone else, I'm disappointed there were no courtroom scenes with our hero being a barrister; such a lost interesting opportunity.

I really liked the brothers' relationships and how they interacted with one another. This was my favorite part of the story and where I felt realness of relationship and emotion.

*Anyone else think the guy on the cover looks like a pouty little boy who got his toy taken away?