whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheGraveyard Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

The Diabolical Miss Hyde: An Electric Empire Novel (Electric Empire Novels)
Viola Carr
Good Girls Do
Cathie Linz

Kyraryker’s quotes

50%

The Raider - Jude Deveraux

This stop and think moment,

"I've heard of things that are happening in the south. There have been pamphlets written, speeches made. Maybe something like that can be done in Warbrooke."

Alex leaned against the door. "Jess, you're talking treason," he whispered, looking at her pretty neck.

"It's not treason if we are free of England and we're our own country. Then it's patriotism."

Only to be followed by,

He kissed her again. "You have a choice. We make love tonight on the soft, cool sand or I rape you tonight on the sharp rocks."

Her eyes widened. "You wouldn't."

He grinned at her. "I'll love it either way. It's your choice."

"But… but that's no choice at all."

"Maybe I'll start with one and end with the other. Although I've heard rape—especially on a virgin, if you are one—is painful, for a woman, that is. Some men, though, find that all that kicking and clawing and scratching spurs them on."

Oh romance genre, you so crazy.

*This was first published in 1987 (not exactly the stone ages, where mentalities like this should have died swift deaths).

On Womens Equality Day, let me again speak my eternal gratitude for all the women who came before me and have made my journey just a little bit easier.