whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheGraveyard Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

Seized By Love
Susan Johnson
Caught
Jami Alden
A Change of Heart
Sonali Dev
The Bride Who Got Lucky (The Cavensham Heiresses)
Janna MacGregor
The Diabolical Miss Hyde: An Electric Empire Novel (Electric Empire Novels)
Viola Carr

Kyraryker’s quotes

A quick word

Bear with me a moment as I know I have made this a romance book review blog but I want to say something real quick.

I will not accept your racism, sexism, and bigotry. Overt, casual, or indifferent.

Unfriend accordingly if I haven't done it already for you or strap-in. I see it as my tolerance, silence, and letting comments slide in favor of getting along has been rewarded with Mike Pence (I keep focusing on him because he has shown desire, willingness, and ability to make these horrid, life threatening ideals into laws) and his ilk given incredible power.

Every goddamn time I bit my tongue, this is on me. Talk about privilege, I believed the fear and hate wasn't strong enough. My bubble of hope I've been living in believing that big picture wise the tide was in favor of dismantling and disempowering our racist and sexist society was popped. I'm clinging to the majority vote number but how close it was makes it hard to. Mike Pence was just voted to be the next Vice President of the United States, nothing excuses that to me.
This happened on my watch, possibly losing the Supreme Court is devastating. The fear of what this could embolden in the streets, you know, the world minorities, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities have to walk and exist in everyday, is strangling. I hope you all voted "economically", I really hope you did (but also fu for luxuriating in your privilege of safety and letting Mike Pence have any power). I didn't volunteer enough, engage in activism enough, or do enough, I've rested on the work done by past women and minorities to enjoy the freedoms I currently have. It's not going to be a when I have time thing for me because my gross naivety has just gut punched me. Historically, I know set-backs happen and I'm going to cling and work to the fact that they're not the final word.

Jezebel - A list of Pro-Women, Pro-Immigrant, Pro-Earth, Anti-bigotry Organizations that need your support