whiskeyinthejar

Whiskey in the Jar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

Again, My Lord: A Twist Series Novel
Katharine Ashe
Paxton Pride (The Paxton Saga Book 1)
Frank Schaefer, Kerry Newcomb
Going Dark (The Lost Platoon)
Monica McCarty

Kyraryker’s quotes

November Roundup

I'm so glad November is over and I wish I could look forward to next year but I have a feeling the next four years are going to be soul crushing. I had a bit of a reading slump but I do think I had higher quality reads this month. Thanks to the 12 Tasks of the Festive Season challenge, I ended up writing up at least some thoughts on books I normally would probably just rate.

December is my Romancies Awards so I won't be doing a Reading Roundup for the month. You get the best of the year instead :)

Links are to my review or the book page if I didn't write one, the 12 Tasks of Festive Season reads are in italics.

5 stars - 0

2 stars - 2

1.5 stars - 1

1 star - 0

Total - 15

I had higher rated books this month but 15 is a fairly low number for me, the election had me floundering a bit and reading took a backseat. December is such a busy month for me and I tend to do re-reads, but I also want to make my reading goal for the year and am 5 books behind. I'm going to try and kick it into gear!

ARCS

3.5 stars - When All the Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz

2 stars - The Rebel of Clan Kincaid #2 Highland Warrior by Lily Blackwood

Inspired Some Thoughts

4 stars - A Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh

4 stars - Wicked Intentions #1 Maiden Lane by Elizabeth Hoyt

3.4 stars - Duke of my Heart #1 Season for Scandal by Kelly Bowen

3.5 stars - Bitter Spirits #1 Roaring Twenties by Jenn Bennett

3.5 stars - Once Upon a Holiday by Beverly Jenkins, Adrianne Byrd, and Kimberly Kaye Terry

3 stars - Happily Bedded Bliss #2 Rakes of Cavendish Square by Tracy Anne Warren

3 stars - Baby, It's Cold Outside by Jennifer Greene, Merline Lovelace, and Cindi Myers

3 stars - Notorious Pleasures #2 Maiden Lane by Elizabeth Hoyt

3 stars - A Pirate for Christmas by Anna Campbell

1.5 stars - Starry Night by Debbie Macomber

Just Rated

3.5 stars - Taking Fire #4 One-Eyed Jacks by Cindy Gerard

3 stars - Hard Ever After #4.6 Hard Ink by Laura Kaye

2 stars - Dare to Run #1 Sons of Steel Row by Jen McLaughlin

Hope you all had a great reading month and finish up the year strong!