whiskeyinthejar

Whiskey in the Jar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

Laiden's Daughter
Suzan Tisdale
Before I Fall
Jessica Scott

Kyraryker’s quotes

Task the Sixth: The Hanukkah

- Make a traditional Hanukkah food like doughnuts or potato latkes. Post a picture, or tell us how they turned out!

I, obviously, went the doughnut route :)

Hanukkah Bimuelo Fritters

Trying to make cute little ball shapes quickly went out the window for me, especially when I burnt myself (when I pulled the spoon out, I fumbled it, and when I went to catch it, I grabbed the part that had sunk into the hot oil. I was not pleased.

I'm a baked, not fried, kind of gal. I think I didn't have the oil hot enough at first and the first couple came out more soft instead of the nice crispy shell.

I was a little disappointed in how, ummm, alien splat? they were turning out to look and the bf helpfully, said they had nice "wing" handles to hold onto for dipping purposes :/

The recipe provides a chocolate sauce one, a very sweet one the bf enjoyed, but I put warmed honey on mine.

They were a great late night snack :)