whiskeyinthejar

Whiskey in the Jar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

Again, My Lord: A Twist Series Novel
Katharine Ashe
Paxton Pride (The Paxton Saga Book 1)
Frank Schaefer, Kerry Newcomb
Going Dark (The Lost Platoon)
Monica McCarty

Kyraryker’s quotes

Nopity Nope

Royally Matched - Emma Chase
I should have stopped while I was ahead.

This one magnified everything I didn't enjoy from the first. Our hero was such an immature I can't believe we're really calling him the hero, guy. He never did redeem himself for me. Because of the Bachelor like show he is involved with, more than half of his time is spent with other women. Even though this time isn't really focused on or seen, you're still aware of it. The time he does spend with the heroine (also, this happens over a span of 6weeks) is rushed and we're told they talk all night but don't get to read about the sharing.
My shy book loving heroine is more of a badly done facsimile of one. Her painful background also felt sloppily done; in fact this whole story felt sloppy.
Shallow characters and shallow story line, I know, I should have seen this coming with the synopsis.
Even though we don't get a glimpse of the couple I'm looking forward to in the third book, I'm still going to read it and hope it gives me some of the cheesy charm from the first. The hero gives me more hope as he has to be more mature than this one was.

*Rounded up because the hero searches out a first addition Sense and Sensibility for heroine (because he ruined her copy in an immature fit. Ugh.)