whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

An Unseen Attraction
K.J. Charles
There's Only Been You
Donna Marie Rogers

Kyraryker’s quotes

Menu Monday

Finally feeling caught up after the rush of the new year and starting to feel better after being sick for twoish weeks, Menu Monday is back. I hope you all didn't starve ;)

Garlic Ginger Glazed Salmon

I love salmon and it's versatility, the many flavors and seasoning you can mix with it. It's also quick and easy to make. This wasn't my favorite one, the taste not as strong as I like but still good for a weeknight meal. I didn't keep the recipe but probably only took a half hour to make (w/out counting defrosting salmon) and I pan fried them, super easy.

No-Bake Avalanche Cookies

Y'all, these may look tame and innocent but holy mother of god these are f*cking amazing. They take like 10 minutes to make, with maybe an hour in the fridge to harden up a bit. But, zooomygod, prepare yourselves to gorge. A+++++ Seriously, make these. MAKE THESE NOW

Skinny Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Bake

Probably took around 40ish minutes, another easy one. Good, warmed up well the next day. I would say a little more energy to make simply because there are a lot of moving parts. I wanted everything to be done all together, so I started the pasta and alfredo while the shrimp defrosted and things got a bit busy. Not terribly wowing but still really good nonetheless.

Chipotle-Cheddar Broiled Avocado Halves

Obviously, very simple to make and only around 10mins to make. I made them as a side dish but they would work as a snack. I don't know, pretty meh for me but the bf really liked them. If looking for a light lunch or nighttime snack, wouldn't go wrong.

BBQ Turkey and Greek Yogurt 'slaw burgers

I didn't actually make these, the bf did, because I was blowing my nose and hacking like a psycho but, I'm going to say it was easy, because, yeah, I'm not sure it could have happened otherwise. I could barely taste but I think it tasted good, lol.

Make any incredible tasting meals, snacks, or desserts while I was sick?