whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Nora Roberts

Kyraryker’s quotes

Menu Monday

Ravioli with Sauteed Asparagus and Walnuts

I loved this one. It was super easy to make and  maybe around a half hour. I halved the butter and added more lemon juice. More filling than I thought it would be and had a great flavor. I paired with red wine and felt like a fancy gal.

General Tso's Chickpeas

If wanting to have a meatless Monday, this would be an excellent pick. The sauce was great, I don't like things very saucy and if you're like me you'd want to be careful with how much you add because broccoli soaks up sauce like crazy. Probably only around a half hour to make and super good. Felt like a healthy gal with this one :)

Frosted Lemon Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

I would add some yellow food coloring to the cookie because as you can see, when I added it to the frosting (maybe too much?) it popped almost too much making the cookie look pale in not the most appetizing way. I probably doubled the lemon juice (from fresh lemons and bottle) for the frosting because I love tart things. The cookie consistency was a little different, more cake like I guess I would say. The recipe makes a crap ton, I would definitely cut it in half next time. Took maybe an hour to make. I refrigerated half and left half out. The frosting was better on the fridge one but the cookie part was better left out as it was softer. Would make a good little cookie plate for an Easter dinner. Felt like a tarty gal while eating these ;)

Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs

Italian Meatballs

This one took more effort and time, probably close to 2 hours all together. If you just bought frozen meatballs instead of homemade, definitely save you on time. The homemade meatball recipe though was really good but did have a decent amount of Parmesan added. Since the spaghetti recipe called for Parmesan too, I halved both of them. Very filling and good but not sure worth the time and effort of putting everything together. Felt liked a tired gal after making.

Tater Tot Enchilada Bake

Tired from making my own meatballs, I bought frozen tater tots instead of homemaking. Still good because even a meh tater tot is a good one. I let it bake a little longer so the tater tots would get crispier. I think this took around 40 mins and was worth it. Great on a cold day and a good comfort food. Yummy. Felt like a comforted gal after eating.

What culinary adventures did you all go on this week?