WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Emily Larkin
Fancy Pants
Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Kyraryker’s quotes

A girl with glasses will always be my fav heroine

A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle

“I wanted you to do it all for me. I wanted everything to be all easy and simple. . . . So I tried to pretend that it was all your fault . . . because I was scared, and I didn’t want to have to do anything myself—”
“But I wanted to do it for you,” Mr. Murry said. “That’s what every parent wants.”

Still love the first half (maybe nostalgia at work) and struggled a little bit with the ending. I can't wait to see how the movie visually gives us these scenes. The beginning with the sense of adventure and all the fun characters we get introduced to and the second half with a little bit of darkness and horror provide some great overt and covert messages and questions about life, relationships, and what it means to be human.
I thought the ending was a bit rushed, especially with Meg and the showdown with the red-eyed thing but still greatly enjoyed a challenging and daring girl with glasses leading an adventure.

For more comprehensive read of my thoughts, comments, and quotes - A Wrinkle in Time buddy read