whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

Crystal Whisperer (Spotless Series Book 3)
Camilla Monk
A Devil of a Duke
Madeline Hunter

Kyraryker’s quotes

Menu Monday - Easter Edition

Hope everyone had a good Easter and got to eat some good food. I didn't do as fun themed stuff this time because of time constraints but found a couple good new recipes.

Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad

I substituted the mayo for Greek yogurt because neither I or the bf are big mayo fans and why it is so hard to find macaroni salads we like. I had the great idea to use Greek yogurt instead of mayo and it helped immensely. I also used fresh jalapenos because why use canned ones, bleh. I liked it and the bf was a big fan. I probably wouldn't make again but if you don't like mayo, do my Greek yogurt substitute.

Homestyle Sausage Stuffing

I've for sure posted this recipe before because I make it every holiday. I use turkey sausage and the bf goes gaga for this. I like stuffing but I'm no connoisseur however, I don't think you can ever go wrong with this one.

Spinach Puffs

I might have posted this recipe before too but these are great little appetizers. I made these in place of rolls. The puff pastry bread make these so good and they look a little fancy, so you feel cool serving them :)

Baked Parmesan Sweet Potatoes

First time I made these and really liked them. The Parmesan blended and complimented the sweet potato taste so well. They were super easy to make and only took about 20 mins in the oven. Timed it perfectly so when turkey came out, rested, and then carved, these came out of the oven. Great side dish.

Cream Cheese Mints

I was ridiculously over the moon with how pretty the colors came out for these. I halved the recipe and just kept the flavor mint for all of them. Easy to make but kind of time consuming as you have to let them sit in the fridge for two hours and then after formed, they have to sit out for four hours. Really added some fun, pretty color pop to the Easter spread.

Peanut Butter Pie

The crowd pleaser. As long as you have a food processor for to ground up the Oreos for the crust, this is pretty easy to make. It actually wasn't as sweet/rich as I thought it was going to be; it tastes like a soft peanut butter cup. Yummy is thy name. I've gotten two tummy aches eating too much of this but Worth It.

Any fun East treats or old family holiday standbys to share?