whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Jennifer Wright
Progress: 50%

Kyraryker’s quotes

Menu Monday

As you're reading this I'm on my way to New York or already there, who knows, time zones are wild! ;)  Hoping after I get back I can finally find some time for reading and looking over my BLs feed.

Mahi-mahi with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce

Another one of my easy fish recipes. Again, simple and not time consuming to make but this one definitely didn't have enough of a strong taste to impress or make memorable. I'm not going to make it again because there are other easy recipes out there that taste better. A hit it and quit it!

Lemon and Artichoke Couscous With Shrimp

I can't remember if I've posted this one before because I make it over and over but I LOVE THE HELL out of this one too. I know artichokes aren't for everyone but the taste combo happening here with such simple, few ingredients is so light, refreshing, and GOOD (as you can probably tell by my heaping plate). If any, um, family members (husbands) don't like seafood, no court of law would hold you accountable for whatever you have to do to make and enjoy this. I think it even takes under a half hour to make.

Orange Chicken Poppers

These had a brilliant orange flavor and took under an hour to make. It was a quick flavor filled meal but I thought the balls could have been a bit dry, maybe I over mixed the chicken. Just not wowing and probably not something I would make again.

Blackberry Cream Cheese Pie Dippers

If you like blackberries, you have to make these. I just used store bought crust, so these were pretty simple to make, I 'd say under an hour. The filling was rich/sweet enough for me so I skipped the extra sprinkling of sugar on top. The dip is super simple to make and I thought a pretty good compliment but I ate these plain more than not. I'm not going to lie, I loved the hell out of these, lol. I'm a fiend for blackberries though and these, obviously, have a strong taste. If you love blackberries the way I do, make these, make these now.

Spicy Supreme Hummus

I don't know, I felt this could have been spicier and if it makes any sense, it kind of had a dry taste to the taste. I guess I'm saying, I've had better hummus. Looking at the picture, I'm not sure it has visual goodness either. Not quite a fail but definitely won't be making again.

Any successful hummus (or other food) recipes to share?

Enjoy the week, everyone!