whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

Carolina Moon
Nora Roberts
A Most Unusual Governess
Amanda Grange

Kyraryker’s quotes

Menu Monday

Super busy week, so this is running a little late. I'm giving a bonus Raiden pic to make up for it :)

Peanut Butter Dog Donuts

Very easy to make and Raiden seemed to enjoy them but he LOVES food so not the best judge. I didn't "ice" all of them at once because I feared the yogurt would make the donuts too mushy, just put it on right before I gave them to him. I sprinkled some bacon bits on top. I also cut the recipe in half and it made five, they lasted about a week and a half.

Sweet Potato Nachos

I love sweet potatoes but still, these were freaking amazing. Love, love, loved them and they were filling. I ended up adding some salsa along with the cheese, black beans, and avocado. If you like sour cream, I think that would be a great addition. The cook time and temp worked perfectly for me. Can't say it enough, I loved these.

Taco Pizza

I'm fairly certain I've posted this recipe before but if you missed it the first time around, here you go again. I use ground turkey and add some extra taco seasoning to the sour cream and cream cheese layer. The crescent roll base make this almost sweet tasting but it works. It also makes it so it gets soggy a bit easier, so there is only about one to two day life in these. I always end up putting mine in the oven for about two to fives minutes to heat everything up together but this works as a cold pizza too.

Crock Pot Buffalo-Ranch Shredded Chicken Sandwiches

I did only a pound of meat, it made four sandwiches, but I didn't halve anything else. Turned out very hot, as you can imagine. Made my nose run a little bit but nothing outrageous, unless you aren't into heat. I added some dry coleslaw mix, Monterrey cheddar shredded cheese, and some ranch drizzled, this helped tone down the heat. Nice for a lazy Sunday.

Monster Cookie Pudding Parfaits

As I said, busy week, so I wanted a super easy dessert and ta-da! This was super rich but easy and fun to eat. I let the pudding sit in the fridge for about a half hour to form up more.

Spicy Chickpea Veggie Burgers

Ok, so they don't photograph well, lol. I didn't add the zucchini, made up for it with adding more jalapeno (yippy-ki-yay!). These definitely live up to their spicy name. Oats aren't my favorite backbone for veggie burgers but these were ok. I let the burgers sit in the fridge for about 20mins and still had some problems keeping them formed. Ok for something different but there are better veggie burgers out there.

Have a busy week like me or were some fabulous meals created?