whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Valerie Bowman
Progress: 75%

Kyraryker’s quotes

Guy Fawkes Night - Task 2

Task 2:  List your top 3 treasonous crimes against books.  Not ones you’ve committed, but the ones you think are the worst.

I saw a lot of lists for this and mine isn't going to differ from ones you all put.

1.  Borrowing a book and not returning it.

WHY???? WHYWHYWHYWHY????? This has happened to me a couple times and I always have to swallow down the major upset emotions. This should apply to any item you borrow but books feel more personal, especially if it is a favorite I cherish and want to share and bestow those feeling to you.

2.  Marking, writing, defacing books.

Unless it is a textbook or quote book, I don't really get writing in books. I've borrowed books from libraries where people highlight or write in the margins their thoughts or feelings. Good for you, I guess? Personal books I guess I can make allowances for but it still bothers me when you write in your own personal books. Lol. It ruins those beautiful pages.

3.  Decorating with books instead of reading them.

STOP THIS. If I walked into someone's apartment and I see book binds against the wall or all tan book pages, I'm going to walk right back out. Ok, maybe not if the social setting doesn't allow but just know I Want to and I'm fuming and thinking horrible thoughts about you. I guess you could say I decorate with books, I have built-ins in the living room where I display some "coffee" table books and others I deem interesting but for goodness sakes, I've read them and their covers are facing out to entice others to do so!