whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Guest Reviewer at:  Reading Between the Wines book club

Nothing to Fear (Final Hour Book 2)
Juno Rushdan

Kyraryker’s quotes

Pre-Party Halloween Bingo - Mystery or Horror?

I love reading mysteries but I'm fearful I'll miss something, I have to be alone in a quiet room to enjoy. The little details the author can innocuously include that later turns out to be a huge component to the story delight me to no end.

If you just straight asked me if I like mystery or horror though, I'd say horror in a heartbeat, I'm just not a big reader of it. I love horror movies, Slashers are my favorite but for whatever reason, the visual of movies is where I respond to them. I've tried reading slasher stories and they feel icky there or just don't grab my attention enough. I'm sure a psychoanalyst is needed here, lol.

Anyway, I've watched more than my fair share of horror movies, have an embarrassing love for even below D ones but mysteries and all their little clues and red-herrings own my reading heart.