whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

The Romancies - Part 6: Best Couple

Best Couple

Nominees:

Felix and Louisa - The Luckiest Lady in London by Sherry Thomas

From the banter that was intelligent, engaging, push/pull, and sexual (Oh my dearies, the sexual banter;) to the emotional strife of fear and of revealing love and oneself. Felix and Louisa never failed to make me smile, heat me up, and produce watery eyes.

Justina and Darius - Once Upon a Kiss by Jayne Fresina

These two never failed to give the reader interactions full of humor, witty banter, and heartfelt emotion. When they meet for a second time a year later, they fairly crackle and sizzle with tension. Each interaction they have just intensifies their chemistry.

Christian and Gilly - The Captive by Grace Burrowes

These two are two tortuously beautiful fascinating characters. They blend together so completely that the word chemistry won't seem adequate and you'll simply skip to soulmates. Each has a deep, dark, and complex background that never feels forced or sensationalized. Their thoughts and feelings will provide lines that will artlessly gut you.

Free and Edward - The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan

I was actually giddy with the word play going on between these two. Edward the hero was amazing, he only wanted to enhance and increase Free's flame. Loved him, loved their relationship.

Sophie and Alex - Looking for Trouble by Victoria Dahl

When they meet, their chemistry is off the charts but when they have to start dealing with the fallout of their past and present actions, you really start to get to the heart of them. Their relationship is funny,sexy, deep, emotional, very real, and most importantly it delivers.

Will and Holly - Evernight by Kristen Callihan

The way he teases and brings out her feisty side will have you grinning ear to ear and the poignant scenes with such deep heartfelt emotion between the two will have your heart feeling two sizes too big for your chest. Their out of the bedroom and in the bedroom scenes are scorching. The sexual chemistry made up of anticipation, push/pull, desire, and the way Will calls Holly "love" and dirty talks, will have you fanning yourself.

Lucy and Archie - The Songbird's Seduction by Connie Brockway

As she gets closer with Archie and sees he likes her and more importantly understands her for her true self she begins to fall in love with him. Lucy and Archie share the combined desire to be understood and be able to be true to themselves. Their banter back and forth and situations they find themselves in are witty, funny, and delightful.

Honorable Mention

Again this doesn't come out until 2015 but there was no way I couldn't mention these two in a best couple list.

Eleanor and Taleisin - I Loved a Rogue by Katharine Ashe

The pain of Eleanor and Taliesin's longing, tension, and heartbreak is captivating. They are both stubborn characters who nevertheless set the room ablaze with their desire for one another. They're soulmates without the insta-love; their emotional connection is aptly felt and seen through interactions.

Winner:

Will and Holly

I loved, adored, and am obsessed with this couple. They had such lightness to them when they were together that reading about them was immensely pleasing. Their journey and relationship will stick with me a long time.

Next time, the final installment (Yeah!) Best Contemporary, Best Historical, and Best book of 2014