whiskeyinthejar

WhiskeyintheGraveyard Romance

Romance book talk, reviews, recipes, and dog pictures

Blogger Site: WhiskeyintheJar Romance

Progress: 40%

Kyraryker’s quotes

Disappointed

The Taming of Malcolm Grant (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs) - Paula Quinn

I was going to give this two stars because Quinn's writing is always readable technical/grammar wise but I ended up skimming more than I read because of being bored with the story and I'm pretty disappointed so, yeah, I didn't like it.

I can't believe this book was written by the same author who wrote Laird of the Mist, a book I absolutely love. I was mostly bored and the characters' motivations seemed forced and dragged out. The hero is supposedly a rake but hasn't been one for four years and the heroine is blind yet manages to get around in a way that no one can believe she is. She has a dog that wasn't trained but seems to be an elite seeing eye dog and her brother maybe wants her dead/out of his hair, maybe doesn't. Our hero's brother is falling in love with a brothel worker and a powerful family lead by a goodlooking sadistic dude wants them dead. There's also a feel good turncoat character semi-involved in a semi-love triangle.

I'm so close to giving up on Quinn. I might have to go read Laird of the Mist again to feel better. I hope others have a better experience with this book than I did :(